This firebox had to be removed for several reasons.  It was not original to the victorian era house & did not meet today's clearance to combustibles codes (it was too close to the wall studs) & very well could have caused a house fire.  Charred wood was found inside the walls and underneath the hearth extension during demolition.  As with all our projects I will be showing progression photos.  This photo is of the demolition in progress, more photos to follow... click here to see other firebox/fireplace restoration and/or restoration projects